The online travel diary of two Australian hooligans undertaking the adventure of a (their) lifetime.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Bye Bye Paradise


What do you call a place where the object most likely to kill you is a coconut? Ko Phangan, Thailand is the answer. Although the coconuts are vicious, it's a small price to pay. Compared to Australia, there are very few creatures here that deliberately set out to extinguish human life. I will even go so far as to say that to die here, you'd have to be extremely unlucky, or stupid, or both. I hope that statement doesn't come back to bite me on the backside. This place is pretty cool. We head off today for an overnight bus trip back to Bangkok before exploring the mainland further. We will both really miss the sleepy days, the bath-warm water, the sun-drenched drowsiness that this place brings. If we don't leave now, we may never have the willpower to do it later... bye for now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi backpackers,
Sounds like all is well; how cool that you two are divers- that will come in real handy during our camps at Menindee Lakes!! Den, I want to buy your motorbike, I think it will be tops for my new image! No, I really want to- can you email at school on rachael_orr.... to discuss please buddy? Oh, and Angry, I don't need to wear your beautiful ring anymore; I've got my own xxx
Love Rach and the Rowdster

6:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY GUYS!!!! I'm Having a Copper's Green for you guys!!!
Love Martin

11:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home